Samsung R&D Lab in Bellevue, WA is looking for talented Mobile Software Engineers for supporting Samsung’s mobile product commercialization and advanced R&D innovations.
Established in June 2011 as a local lab of Samsung R&D, the lab owns design, implementation and commercialization of a number of carrier features, carrier applications and services integration, advanced network technologies enablement, as well as advanced R&D incubation with carriers and Samsung partners. Due to the huge success of Samsung devices, the lab urgently needs more mobile software engineers who are passionate about mobile technologies, and want to work on some of the greatest mobile devices in the world.
Depending on the experience and technical skills, a mobile software engineer with the lab will be deeply involved in design, implementation and commercialization of specific features on Android/Windows Phone, or will be working on carrier applications and services integration, debugging, and on communication with carriers and 3rd parties.
A mobile software engineer may also take on challenges to understand and implement advanced cellular network technologies such as VoLTE, IMS, and RCS on device side, or focus on leveraging emerging mobile technologies in new frontiers of mobile space to create next generation user experience across Samsung products.
Please note this is a generic job description of the lab. Project assignment will be made based on candidate’s expertise and interest after a hiring decision is made.
- Work with carriers, product management teams, and Samsung HQ R&D to commercialize required software features and resolve any critical issues in the process of device commercialization.
- Android engineer: design, implement, test, and maintain Android application and Android system/framework features. Perform root cause analysis of issues in carrier applications and services.
- Windows Phone engineer: perform root cause analysis of Windows Phone system level issues, as well as building system level features.
- Senior engineers are required to conduct advanced R&D by identifying and prototyping advanced software features and innovations on next generation mobile devices.
For industry candidates
- Required to have at least 2 years of work experience on Android or Windows Phone. This is NOT required for college candidates.
- Candidates with demonstrable expertise in Android framework or with development experience with phone OEMs will be given preference.
- Must have developed one or two non-trivial Android/Windows Phone/iOS applications in the recent past. Candidates who have apps published in app stores are preferred.
- Strong sense of project ownership required. Self-motivated and comfortable to learn and solve complicated problems in new technical areas under pressure.
For fresh student:
- Fluent in Java and C/C++ programming. Expertise with object-oriented design and development mandatory.
- Willing to learn Android quickly and take challenges.
- Excellent knowledge of fundamentals of computer science – operating systems, data structures, algorithms, and IP networking concept–is mandatory.
- Any experience on SIP, IMS, RCS, VoIP, messaging, GUI, cloud, security, sensors, automation, arduino, image processing, video, graphics, etc. will be a plus.
- Minimally Bachelor’s degree in CS or EE is required; MS CS/EE preferred.
Contact: Please send email to Dr. Pei Zheng (firstname.lastname@example.org), Head of Samsung R&D Lab, Bellevue, WA, if you are interested.