Monday, September 29, 2014

NSBE Welcomes YOU!

Welcome to the 2014-2015 school year! As you are getting accustomed to school again, I ask you to consider the National Society of Black Engineers (UW Chapter) as a staple in your weekly schedule.

The National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) is a national organization; founded in 1975 to increase the number of culturally responsible black engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally, and positively impact the community. 

Personally, this organization is the best investment I have made at the UW. NSBE has provided me with opportunities (both in Seattle and in different states across the US) to meet employers, receive internships & full-time job offers, to be a part of a community of like minded individuals with an interest in STEM, and has given me mentors internally and at Boeing (Boeing Mentorship Program). 

As I go into my last year at the UW, I invite you to join me at our NSBE meetings:

Date: Tuesdays (meets every Tuesday starting on September 30, 2014)
Time: 5:30pm - 6:30pm
Location: Samuel E. Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center - Black Room (3rd floor, NW corner)

Hope to see you soon,
Soffonias Gebrehiwot